11 Sep, 2019
How to Celebrate 17th June National Teeth Whitening Day
Days set aside to celebrate dental wellness are not as exciting as other holidays, say, Halloween. However, there are several benefits to acknowledging this day and celebrating. Whether or not there are dentists in your family, you can find a unique way to celebrate teeth whitening day. This nationally recognized can be the beginning of a beautiful and healthy dental life for you and your family.
Are you stranded on how to go about the celebrations of this day? If so, you are not mistaken to be here. You can visit our dental offices, or any other dentist near you for more information on what this day means, and how you can celebrate it. Meanwhile, read on to find out different tips on how you can celebrate this day.
What Is Professional Teeth Whitening?
It is the process of bleaching the enamel of teeth to make them whiter and brighter than they are. Usually, patients with stains on their teeth get the treatment. It explains why it is sometimes known as yellow teeth treatment, as it helps remove the yellow stains on teeth.
Even then, teeth whitening is not exclusive for those that have stains on teeth. anyone can have their teeth whitened, to improve the color of teeth. Is the treatment necessary?
Why You Need to Whiten Your Teeth
While teeth whitening focuses on brightening the color of your teeth, that is not the only thing it is good for in dentistry. The process of getting your teeth whitened by a professional dental expert involves different processes, including professional dental cleaning.
A dental hygienist will clean your teeth through teeth brushing, flossing, and special rinsing. This will go a long way in not only improving your oral hygiene but also in brightening your teeth. part of the reason why your teeth could be yellowing has to do with plaque build-up, which is washed away during the professional dental cleaning.
That said, some ways in which professional dental whitening is useful, include the following:
- Improved oral hygiene – through dental cleaning
- Cosmetic advantage – your smile will be whiter and brighter. There is nothing wrong with having the brightest smile in the room.
- Oral problem detection – before your treatment, your dentist will check your mouth for any dental problems.
Tips for Celebrating National Teeth Whitening Day
There are many ways you can celebrate this day. The best part is that you can do the things you love the most while ensuring you care for your dental health. Some of the ways you should be celebrating this day include the following:
- Eat a balanced diet – if this is not already a habit you employ in your day-to-day life, the 17th of June should be a perfect day for you to start working on it. Incorporate fruits, veggies, and high proteins in your diet, and watch how grateful your body and oral cavity with be.
- Visit a dentist – regular dental check-ups are important. If you have never seen your dentist without a probable cause or dental illness, make an appointment on this day. Visit your dentist and have your oral cavity check for infections and possible dental cavities.
- Replace your toothbrush – you would think that it is common knowledge to replace a toothbrush every 3 months. On the contrary, very few people do this. If you are in this category, then, make this the day you change your toothbrush for the next 3 months.
- Celebrate with white wine – if red wine is your favorite, how about changing things up a little? While red wine may give you the joy you always crave, it may not do much for your dentition. Red wines are heavily pigmented. These pigments attach to the surfaces of your teeth, leaving stains. Consuming it regularly will leave stubborn stains on your teeth, particularly if you are not aggressive in brushing after taking wine. Instead, celebrate with white wine on this day, and spare your teeth some stains.
- Book professional teeth whitening appointment – like mentioned earlier, there is no harm in having a white bright smile. On this day. How about you treat yourself with a white bright smile?